Financial planning, personal financial management, retirement planning and investment planning have become buzzwords in the last couple of years. The importance of financial plan seems to be discussed everywhere: in newspapers, blogs, magazines and television. Why is financial plan important and what does it entail? Learn more about Financial Planning with Jason Hare Kingston today!
Financial Planning (FP), in simple terms, is a process that helps you achieve your life goals by managing your finances properly. You should be able to answer the following questions: What are your financial goals? Where do you stand today (your current balance sheet) and where would you like to be in five years time.
It involves gathering information about your finances, setting your life goals, (such as your child’s education, purchasing a house, or buying a car), analyzing your financial standing, and developing a plan to help you reach your goals.
A financial plan must take into account a variety of things. The client’s present financial state, goals and objectives, loans outstanding, investment instruments required, pension corpus, inflation rate, risk profile and tax obligations are all factors to be considered.
FP is a tool that helps you plan your future finances and prepare for unexpected events. You can be more independent by organizing your finances. For anyone wishing to overcome financial challenges and build wealth, a successful personal financial plan is essential.
Let’s move on to our topic. It is essential. Understand each of them.
1. The cash flow can be increased as well as the expenditure pattern monitored. Tax planning, budgeting and prudent spending are all ways to increase cash flow.
2. The right investment strategy can be determined by a financial estimation/plan which takes into consideration the individual’s earnings and spending. The person can reach their set goals.
3. Understanding your current financial status is easier with this knowledge. A person with a good understanding of finance can easily make changes to an investment plan, or assess a retirement program.
4. Financial planning is about ensuring your family’s security. You and your loved one can enjoy peace ofmind by having the right policies and insurance in place.
5. This tool helps you achieve financial security.
6. Meeting financial commitments and obligations.